You only have one body, which is why you must take care of it. The state of your body is influenced by what you eat, your fitness level, stress management skills, and your environment. Unfortunately, this influence is not the most optimal nowadays. Learn some of the benefits of cleansing your body.
Reasons to Detox
Toxins are everywhere and are part of everyday living. They can be found in the air you breathe, the water you drink and bathe in, and the food you eat. Environmental toxicity can change from place to place, with more industrialized cities being the most polluted. Yet, it’s challenging to find clean air even outside urban environments. This is why detoxifying the body is essential.
Toxins are damaging to your body even at a cellular level. Toxic buildup can lead to cancer, autism, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease, kidney failure, hypertension, nerve damage, allergies, gastric and skin problems, and cardiovascular, respiratory, and visual disorders to name a few.
The increase in environmental toxins also seems to be correlated with the rise of certain diseases. For instance, since 1950 cancer rates have risen over 50 percent. From 1980 to 1994, asthma escalated to 75% in adults and 160% in children. Autism in children went from 1 in 25,000 in the 1970s to 1 in 2,500 between 1970 -1990. Sadly, today around 1 in 68 families in the United States has an autistic child.
What Can You Do?
I know that the picture seems bleak and you may be wondering what can you do to keep your body cleaner. There are a few things that you can do to keep your body systems functioning well:
- Limit your exposure to toxins in your food (junk and processed food), beauty products, cleaning products, and such so you don’t keep polluting your system.
- Consume an abundance of organic vegetables and fruits, meats, sprouts, green tea, and healthy fats.
- Maintain appropriate levels of physical fitness
- Use a sauna
- Cope with stress in a healthy way
- Cleanse your body to maintain a healthier internal environment
Benefits of Cleansing Your Body
Detoxifying or cleansing the body of accumulated toxins is not a new concept. Many cultures have implemented body detox practices throughout history. Currently, cleansing is crucial due to the overwhelming amount of toxins encountered daily, as well as the unhealthy eating patterns practiced by most people.
The following are some of the amazing benefits associated with proper detoxing:
- Begins to clear the toxins and acidic waste that adds extra pounds and breeds disease.
- Allows for optimal nutrient absorption.
- Assists in reducing inflammation, consequently strengthening the immune system.
- Resets your own detoxification system.
- Helps decrease fatigue and brain fog.
- Promotes radiant skin and strong healthy hair.
- Begins to restore growth hormone, imperative for anti-aging.
- Helps to break bad dietary habits, decreasing cravings.
- Helps to increase metabolic rate, breaking weight-loss plateaus.
Cleansing is one of the best ways to effectively eliminate the buildup of toxins and acid waste. This compromises the body’s own detoxification systems and doesn’t allow other organs to function appropriately. Fortunately, now we can find many organic detox supplements that assist the body in the detoxification process.
Your body has the ability to heal itself. It is extremely grateful and responsive when you instill the proper cleansing practices, healthy diet, and lifestyle. Detox helps your system reset itself in order to allow your body to function as it should. Cleansing is an essential practice to incorporate Try to do it at least once a year, not only to get healthier but to look and feel great!
To a Fitter Healthier You,
The Fitness Wellness Mentor