Today’s exercise can help you lose body fat, decrease back pain, get nicer abs, and a stronger upper body. Wheel rollouts are more challenging than other ab exercises but much more effective.
Ab wheel rollouts highly engage your core. In a study sponsored by the American Council on Exercise, ab wheel rollouts showed to generate more muscle activity in your abs and obliques than traditional crunches.
Benefits of the Ab Wheel Rollout
Ab wheel rollouts have numerous advantages. They can help:
- Lose body fat.
- Improve your fitness and stamina.
- Strengthen and sculpt your abs.
- Strengthen your upper body.
- Reduced your risk of injury.
- Relieve back pain as they strengthen your lower back.
- Improve your posture since they strengthen your upper body and tighten your abs.
How to Perform Wheel Rollouts
- Go on all fours and place the Ab Roller in front of you.
- You can place a mat underneath your knees for added comfort.
- Grab the ab roller tightly with both hands as you roll it in front of you.
- Inhale as you contract your abdominal muscles, flatting your lower back into the floor.
- Exhale as you use your abdominals to roll your upper body back up toward your knees.
- Pause for one count at the top and repeat.
- As your core becomes stronger, you’ll be able to extend your body parallel to the floor.
Wheel rollouts or ab rollers are pretty inexpensive but you can also find some more pricey ones with great features. Here are a few of the best ones:
Ab Roller $17: Basic, great quality, and economic:
Ab Carver Pro Roller $31: Ultra-wide ab roller with ergonomic handles and knee pad:
Ab Roller Kinetic Exercise Wheel $60: It comes with a knee pad and anti-slip handles, and a smart display screen that tracks your res, time, and calories burned:
The ab roller seems to be one of the best pieces of equipment to exercise your abs. So if you are going to train your abs with something besides your own body weight, this is the product to purchase. Hope you enjoy this week’s exercise video and the weight loss tips to stay healthy.
Remember, whether you want to lose weight, tone your body, gain strength or size, all muscles must be trained.
To a Fitter Healthier You,
The Fitness Wellness Mentor