There are many ways to lose body fat. It is not the easiest of tasks but it can be simple. The best way to do it is to switch the habits that are contributing to the added weight for healthy ones little by little. You should increase your activity levels and have an appropriate caloric intake for your body. In order to achieve long-lasting results, there has to be a lifestyle change.
The following tips will help you to lose body fat:
- KNOW YOUR NUMBERS: Assess yourself and be cognizant of your weight. Then figure out how many calories does your body need based on your age, sex, activity level, and goals. It is pretty hard to get to the finish line when you don’t know where it is or where you’re standing.
- DRINK MORE WATER: Water is not only amazing for your body but can boost your metabolism. Drink a couple of glasses of water half an hour before your meals and you’ll probably eat less. Plus, if you switch the drinks you currently consume for water, you can decrease your overall caloric intake.
- DO YOUR CARDIO: Cardiovascular exercise is essential for every human being. Aim for the minimum amount required to stay healthy.
- LIFT: Strength training is necessary for your body, not only for aesthetic reasons but to keep your metabolism active and maintain healthy bones, ligaments, and muscles.
- EAT WHOLESOME ORGANIC FOOD, NOT FOOD-LIKE PRODUCTS: Stay close to nature, eat real food that is not processed. Food-like products with countless ingredients should be avoided or kept to a minimum.
- AVOID SIMPLE CARBS: Carbs can be great for you but have to be complex carbs (veggies and fruits, quinoa, beans, whole grains if not gluten intolerant). Stay away from simple carbs such as table sugar, candy, white-flower products, soft drinks, cakes, bakery-goods, and milk among others.
- EAT MORE VEGGIES & FRUITS: Vegetables and fruits should constitute most of your carb intake as they are full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Plus, they keep you fuller due to their fiber content.
- HAVE A PROTEIN-RICH BREAKFAST: If you eat breakfast, have a breakfast packed with protein. Instead of cereal, bagels or baked goods, consume eggs or good quality protein drinks.
- EAT MORE PROTEIN: Try to eat protein with all your meals. It gives you a great physique and keeps you fuller longer.
- FAST: Intermittent Fasting (IF) can really help lose body fat as you avoid eating 16 hours out of the day. It may sound extreme but it’s not that bad since 8 of those hours are your sleeping hours. IF has also positive effects on your blood pressure, cholesterol and insulin levels, and cardiovascular system.
- EAT SMALLER MEALS: Eating smaller meals throughout your day keeps your metabolism active and avoids feelings of starvation that may push you to binge. Using smaller plates can help as well so you eat less.
- SPICE IT UP: Eat more spicy foods and spices (black pepper, cayenne pepper, chili powder, kimchi, etc.) as they give your metabolism a boost.
- KICK OUT THE JUNK: Do not have junk food in your house as it is very easy to eat when it’s available. Substitute for healthier snacks.
- DRINK COFFEE: It is full of antioxidants and boosts your metabolism. Coffee is associated with lower risks of Type 2 diabetes, Alzheimer’s, heart disease, liver cancer, and cavities. Choose organic and avoid sugar or a lot of milk for the full benefits.
- DRINK GREEN TEA OR MATCHA: It has enormous amounts of antioxidants and helps you burn more fat.
- BE A MINDFUL EATER: Do not rush when you eat, chew slowly, and be mindful of your food. You’ll have better digestion, savor your food, and feel more satiated.
- GET A GOOD NIGHT’S SLEEP: Lack of proper sleep can disrupt your hormones, make you tired during the day, increase your appetite, and impede your fat loss efforts.
- SUPPLEMENT: Some products can help lower body fat in conjunction with a healthy diet and an exercise regimen. Glucomannan is a type of fiber that feeds the good bacteria and can help lose weight. Organic Green Tea Extract and Carnitine can also help, as well as taking probiotics.
- TAKE A HOLISTIC APPROACH: Training and nutrition are essential components to stay healthy but they are not the whole picture. In order to thrive at all levels, one must integrate the mind and the spirit as well. Check out 28 Days to a New Life to learn a Holistic perspective.
Incorporate all or a combination of most weight loss tips stated above to start seeing changes in your physique and get a healthier body.
To a Fitter Healthier You,
The Fitness Wellness Mentor