There are exercises that are amazing for your body and can be performed at home without much equipment or none at all. Many times, people postpone their fitness goals because of their lack of access to a gym. In actuality, you do not need a gym membership to get in shape. You can train at home and do some fast walking outside. The following are my favorite home exercises to lose fat and work out all your muscles:
- Squats: A total body exercise, are amazing for you. Squats have huge and multiple benefits. They are one of the best exercises to strengthen and sculpt your legs and glutes but pretty much work the whole body.
- Pushups: Great compound exercise that activates most muscles. Primordially, it challenges the chest muscles. In addition, triceps, shoulders, biceps, and core muscles are engaged, with the stabilizing help of the lower body.
- Sit-ups: Awesome for your core. They strengthen the ab and lower back muscles. Stronger core muscles help alleviate and even prevent back pain and injuries.
- Cobras: Back-bending yoga pose. It not only strengthens your back but many more muscles and it is highly beneficial for your whole body.
- Front Lunges: Wonderful for strengthening and sculpting not only the legs but the glutes, while engaging the core muscles.
- Supermans: Primarily strengthen the lower back and target secondarily the glutes and hamstrings. People with back problems benefit greatly from these.
- Side Lunges: They build strength as well as flexibility on the quads, abductors, adductors, glutes, and calves. At the same time, they engage stabilizing muscles and core.
- Reverse Lunges: Multifunctional exercise that stimulates numerous muscles and can be applied for diverse goals. It challenges your quadriceps, hamstrings, glutes, calves and even your core muscles.
- Wheel Rollouts: They can help you lose body fat, decrease back pain, get nicer abs, and a stronger upper body. Ab wheel rollouts are more challenging than other ab exercises but much more effective.
- Burpees: A high-intensity exercise that stimulates numerous muscles all throughout your body. They engage your arms, shoulders, chest, abs, lower back, legs, and glutes. Burpees accelerate your metabolism, help you burn more calories, and increase your stamina.
- Arnold Presses: A variation of the dumbbell shoulder press, but a twisting motion targets the shoulders muscles.
- Bicep Curls: Great to strengthen your biceps, not only relevant to a great figure but involved in most daily activities, like picking up objects or carrying the kids around.
- Tricep Kickbacks: They target the back of the arm, helping to strengthen and sculpt the triceps.
- Rows: Help you get strong back muscles, which keep you healthy, give you a great figure and posture, and help you avoid or deal with back pain.
Those exercises are some of my favorite home exercises to lose body fat and get an amazing body. You can choose a few exercises from above and perform them in a circuit fashion (one after another) for 12 repetitions x 3 times. Doing that 3 times a week, switching the exercises, can really change your body. If needed, you can get a coach to help you with meal planning or a more guided training routine and incorporate a more holistic approach with 28 Days to a New Life.
Remember, whether you want to lose weight, tone your body, gain strength or size, all muscles must be trained.
Lift, Burn more Fat, Get Stronger, and Live Healthier!
To a Fitter Healthier You,
The Fitness Wellness Mentor