Another great exercise for the triceps is the close grip dumbbell press or crush press. It is a compound movement that targets the triceps but the chest as well, and secondarily, the shoulders.
The close grip bench press has numerous advantages:
- It helps you to build beautiful tricep muscles.
- At the same time, allows you to lift heavy loads. Being at a horizontal position and having the powerful assistance form the chest muscles, allows you to lift more and get stronger.
- Performing crush presses also amplifies your ability to lift heavier weight during bench presses. As your triceps gets stronger, you can lift more, and your chest gets stronger.
- Close grip dumbbell bench presses are very dynamic and can be performed without much difficulty.
- They burn more fat that an isolated exercise for the triceps since it uses multiple muscle simultaneously.
How to do Close Grip Dumbbell Bench Press:
- Grab a pair of dumbbells with a neutral grip (palms facing in), sit on a bench, and lay on your back.
- Bring the dumbbells up to chest level and lift to the top without locking your elbows.
- Lower the weights slowly until they are back down to your chest.
Remember, whether you want to lose weight, tone your body, gain strength or size,
all muscles must be trained.
Lift, Burn more Fat, Get Stronger… Live Healthier!
To a Fitter Healthier You,
The Fitness Wellness Mentor