Another great exercise for the triceps is the close grip dumbbell press or crush press. It is a compound movement that targets the triceps but the chest as well, and secondarily, the shoulders.
The close grip bench press has numerous advantages:
- It helps you to build beautiful tricep muscles.
- At the same time, allows you to lift heavy loads. Being at a horizontal position and having the powerful assistance form the chest muscles, allows you to lift more and get stronger.
- Performing crush presses also amplifies your ability to lift heavier weight during bench presses. As your triceps gets stronger, you can lift more, and your chest gets stronger.
- Close grip dumbbell bench presses are very dynamic and can be performed without much difficulty.
- They burn more fat that an isolated exercise for the triceps since it uses multiple muscle simultaneously.
How to do Close Grip Dumbbell Bench Press:
- Grab a pair of dumbbells with a neutral grip (palms facing in), sit on a bench, and lay on your back.
- Bring the dumbbells up to chest level and lift to the top without locking your elbows.
- Lower the weights slowly until they are back down to your chest.
VIDEO OF THE WEEK:
Remember, whether you want to lose weight, tone your body, gain strength or size,
all muscles must be trained.
Lift, Burn more Fat, Get Stronger… Live Healthier!
To a Fitter Healthier You,
The Fitness Wellness Mentor