One of the body parts that society has associated with a strong physique is the arm! I am specifically referring to the Bicep. The Biceps are the muscles located on the frontal part of the upper arm, between the shoulder and the elbow.
The biceps are not only relevant to a great figure but very important. They collaborate in the movement of the elbows, forearms, and shoulders. And they are involved in daily activities, like carrying the groceries or picking up objects. They also come in handy when carrying the kids around.
Want to add more definition to your arms and increase that bicep peak? Isolate your biceps with overhead cable curls. A great advantage of this exercise is that resistance is applied constantly on the eccentric and concentric portions of the movement, engaging your biceps for longer periods.
How to Perform Overhead Cable Curls:
- Adjust the height of the pulleys on each side of the machine at a height higher than that of your shoulders.
- Set a weight that is comfortable on each side of the pulley machine. This is an isolation exercise so you can benefit using light to moderate weight.
- Stand in the middle with your body evenly aligned and grab the handles with your palms facing towards the ceiling. Position your feet shoulder-width apart and make sure that your arms are fully extended and parallel to the floor. This is the starting position.
- Squeeze the biceps on each side slowly until your forearms and biceps touch as you exhale.
- Move your forearms back to the starting position as you inhale. Repeat the movement.
- Make sure to keep your entire body stationary except for the forearms and don’t allow your elbows to move. Use a controlled pace.
*** You can also perform this exercise using one handle at a time like I’m doing on the video. Do this when the cables are too close together and you can’t totally extend your arms out ***
Exercise of the Week:
Remember, whether you want to lose weight, tone your body, gain strength or size, all muscles must be trained.
Lift, Burn more Fat, Get Stronger and Live Healthier!
To a Fitter Healthier You,
The Fitness Wellness Mentor