Do you have a goal that you haven’t been able to tackle? Sometimes, it is very hard to get started and it takes a great amount of time and energy to get the ball rolling.
It doesn’t matter if you set the goal many times before. Now, it’s time to set sight onto your target and set the steps to aim at it. Maybe you want to get your body in the ideal state or your health back on track. Or maybe you have been dreaming about opening that business, or you just want a raise and a promotion.
So, let’s say that you are set up with all the basics and are ready to achieve your goal. You have already defined your goal properly, you delineated a plan of action, and you are ready to go. Now it’s time to set it all in motion in order to move forward.
The following are a few tips that will help mobilize you:
- Write Down the Desired Outcome: Besides writing down your goal, you should write down your ideal results. See yourself all-accomplished. Results can be more achievable when you visualize your success.
- Set up Reminders: Sometimes, alarms or reminders can help. Set up a reminder on your phone with a keyword that triggers your mind to stay on track.
- Contribute to the Desired Mindset: Start and end your day with the right messages in mind. Do not start or end your day with the news or any other sources of negativity because this affects your mood. Read, listen or view positive, motivational, uplifting or relaxing materials. This habit can prime you to be in a more positive, creative and highly achieving mindset.
- Fuel Your Body: Provide all the nutrients that your body needs. Have a healthy diet filled with wholesome organic foods (veggies, fruits, lean proteins, and good fats). Hydrate properly and supplement.
- Keep your Body in Motion: The human body needs regular movement. Exercise (lift weights and perform cardiovascular exercises) and stretch most days out of the week. Being active, not only positively affects your body but also your mood, your thinking, and your spirit.
- Eliminate: It is equally important to get rid off all that doesn’t uplift you. Remove habits and people that drain you and are not conducive to the accomplishment of your goals.
- Be Prepared: “If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail,” a great quote credited to Benjamin Franklin. Plan the following day so you keep moving forward and avoid taking detours.
- Adapt: Know that not everything happens according to plan. When things don’t go your way, be ready to brainstorm and develop plan B.
The goal is irrelevant. Just know that goals must be followed by ACTION, in most cases, massive action. Otherwise, they will remain on the dream realm and totally out of reach. Whichever goal you have in mind, the time to go after it is now!
To a Fitter Healthier You,
The Fitness Wellness Mentor