As you know, massages are extremely beneficial for your body but sometimes, a trip to a massage therapist is difficult to schedule. Nowadays, we are very lucky to have diverse tools that can help us perform self-massages to keep our bodies healthy.
Massaging tools, like the foam roller, massage roller, or massage gun, are amazing. They help reduce soreness and muscle tightness, eliminate muscle knots, prevent spasms and cramps by decreasing lactic acid build-up, improve blood flow, correct musculoskeletal function, facilitate healing, and increase flexibility and performance.
The foam roller, a cylindrical tube of compressed foam, can help all the issues described above. It comes in different silhouettes and sizes from 12 to 36 inches. Learn more about how to use it and the benefits associated with it Foam Rolling: What, Why, & How
Massage Roller Stick
The massage roller stick or massage roller is a handheld massage device that’s much smaller. It’s generally 17 to 19 inches long and very light. The following are some benefits of a massage roller:
- Portable: It can be carried around due to being slim, light, and small, fitting in your gym bag.
- Self-Sufficiency: Just like when using a foam roller, you are more independent and capable of addressing your own physical needs.
- Money Saver: Visiting massage therapists can be expensive, having your own massage tool can save you money.
Sportneer Handheld EVA Foam Roller This cushioned foam roller massage stick is ergonomically designed to make rolling easy. It has 2-style 3D surface gears designed for different muscle groups. The middle part is firm with numerous bumps and the ends have longer ridges, perfect for breaking off muscle knots and deep tissue massaging. It’s durable, water-resistant, non-squeaky, and has non-slip handles.
Sportneer Deeper Ridges Muscle Roller Stick This massage roller stick has 10 gears designed with a 0.5cm gap between each one of them to provide a deep tissue massage. It’s robust, high quality, and anti-slip
Massage Roller Video
As the name says, it’s a gun-like instrument designed to provide a massage.
Advantages of using a massage gun:
- Portable: Easy to transport, being around 8in by 7in and not very heavy.
- Quiet: Being a power tool, you would think it is super loud but only reaches 35-55 decibels. You won’t bother others while you use it.
- Easy to operate: All you have to do is choose a massage head, turn it on, adjust the level, place it an inch close to the affected area, and let it do its job.
- Less painful: Using the foam roller is not pleasant and can be painful, unlike the massage gun.
- Not extra work for you: Using the foam roller or the massage roller requires you to put muscle into it and work on the areas of concern. Since the gun is mechanically powered, the energy used to work your muscles comes entirely from the device, not from you. You don’t have to use your valuable energy into your post-workout recovery.
The only negatives about the massage gun are the price (more expensive than a foam roller or massage stick) and the possibility of needing maintenance due to being a machine. Yet, it’s super convenient and offers great results.
Sportneer Percussive Massage Gun This cordless massage gun can work about 6 hours per charge and has a 10-minute auto-off feature to protect your body and the device. It has 6 different shaped massage heads to help different body parts with 2 of them meant for a more relaxing experience. Additionally, the Sportneed gun offers 5 adjustable vibration modes for different intensities.
Massage Gun Video
Now that you learned more about the different massaging tools you can use, it’s time to get that foam roller, massage stick, or massage gun in order to deal with any issues and keep your body healthy!
To a Healthier Fitter You,
The Fitness Wellness Mentor