Do you want to maximize your time at the gym, get fitter, stronger, and leaner? The mountain climber is a great multifunctional calisthenic exercise that works your full-body.
Mountain Climbers engage muscles all over your body. Shoulders, triceps, abdominals, lower back, legs, hip flexors, and butt muscles are at work. Incorporating a twist into the regular mountain climbers additionally engage deeply the obliques, giving you a tighter core.
Benefits of Mountain Climbers
Mountain climbers have numerous advantages. They simultaneously challenge your cardiovascular and muscular systems:
- Efficiency: the mountain climber is time-efficient since it’s a compound exercise, working several joints and muscle groups simultaneously.
- Mobility: the constant and repetitive motion enhances hip flexibility, range of motion, and improves mobility.
- Heart-healthy: rapid movement and involvement of numerous muscles increase heart rate and circulation.
- Muscle-friendly: maintaining a pushup position while moving your legs strengthens your muscles.
- Fat-Loss: working your heart and muscular system at the same time helps you to burn more fat.
- Agility: mountain climbers help you become more athletic.
- Versatility: you don’t need any equipment and can be performed anywhere -- a great outdoor exercise without equipment.
How to Do Mountain Climbers
- Start in a push-up position and tighten your core
- Bend one knee and draw it toward your chest
- Extend that leg back
- Switch legs and keep alternating.
VIDEO: How to Do Mountain Climbers with Twist
Challenge yourself a bit more by incorporating a twist to the regular mountain climber. You can perform a few traditional mountain climbers and then direct your knees towards your opposite shoulders. Start with 20 seconds and keep increasing the length of time.
Lift, Burn more Fat, Get Stronger, and Live Healthier!
To a Fitter Healthier You,
The Fitness Wellness Mentor