As you know, massages are highly advantageous for your body. Applying pressure and manipulating body tissues at various points on the body can produce stunning physiological responses. Some of the benefits associated with massages are pain and inflammation reduction, decreased cortisol levels, improved circulation, and mitochondrial regeneration. Additionally, massaging can have detoxing effects as it supports your body’s internal filtration system, helping keep your immunity in check.
Massages are extremely beneficial for athletes and gym-goers. Massages can help break up scar tissue, lengthen muscles, prevent muscle soreness, increase muscular recovery, discard lactic acid, and promote oxygen and nutrient flow into tissues. Massages can also incite a feeling of renewal and overall well-being.
Despite all the valuable effects associated with massages, a trip to a massage therapist can be challenging for many reasons. Scheduling a massage can be difficult due to our hectic lives. Visiting a massage therapist can be time-consuming; you have to travel back and forth to the wellness center/massage parlor and wait to be seen. Plus, visits to a massage therapist add up and can become a pricey expense over time. Fortunately, nowadays we are lucky to have diverse tools that allow us to perform self-massage in order to keep our bodies healthy.
Massage Gun Benefits
Self‐myofascial release (SMR) is the idea of using a tool for self-massage. Common SMR tools include foam rollers, roller sticks, and massage guns. An SMR tool that I truly enjoy is the massage gun. As the name says, it’s a gun-like instrument designed to provide a massage, which has benefits similar to those of a massage.
The following are some benefits associated with a massage gun:
- A massage gun helps reduce soreness and muscle tightness
- Eliminates muscle knots
- Helps prevent spasms and cramps by decreasing lactic acid build-up
- Improves blood flow and healing
- Facilitates the correction of musculoskeletal function
- Increases flexibility
- Enhances joint range of motion (ROM) and muscle performance.
The massage gun I use is Opove M3 Pro Max. It’s cordless, works about 4 hours per charge, and has a 15-minute auto-off feature to protect your body and the device. It has 5 differently shaped massage heads to massage different body parts. There is a large round head for large muscles, a thin pointy one for deep tissue, a rubbery head for sensitive areas, a 2-prong head for side muscles, and a flat head meant for a more relaxing experience. Additionally, Opove M3 Pro Max offers 4 adjustable vibration modes, providing different intensities.
Here are some of the advantages of using a massage gun:
- Portable: You can take the massage gun anywhere as it’s light and not very big. It is around 9x9in, weighs only 2.5lbs, and has a stylish carrying case making it easy to transport.
- Easy to operate: All you have to do is choose a massage head, turn it on, adjust the level, place it an inch close to the desired area to be massaged, and let it do its job.
- Rechargeable: The massage gun has a rechargeable battery that works up to 4 hours of use per full charge and it takes around 2 hours to charge.
- Quiet: Being a power tool, you would think it is super loud but only reaches 35-55 decibels. This means that you can use it without bothering those around you.
- Durable: The shell is made of Nylon 66 and glass fiber and can withstand a 6.6ft drop.
- Convenient: You don’t need to rely on other people’s schedules to get your massage done. You can self-massage anywhere, anytime.
How to Use Massage Gun
If you are ready to start using a massage gun, check out the following massage gun discounts and massage gun coupons on the OPOVE M3 Pro Max Massage Gun.
Now that you learned more about the benefits of massaging your body, you can get a self‐myofascial release tool and put it to use. A massage gun is a tool proven to be very valuable for active people, helping you deal with any muscle or joint-related issue and allowing your body to function optimally.
To a Healthier Fitter You,
The Fitness Wellness Mentor