As a fitness and wellness mentor and online coach, I am a big advocate of full-body strength training. It is not only amazing for the improvement of your metabolism, fat loss, muscle, bone, and joint health but beneficial for your overall health.
One of my favorite parts to train is the shoulder muscle. One exercise that’s amazing for the shoulders is lateral side raises, which mainly works the lateral part of the deltoid.
Benefits of Lateral Raises
- Lateral raises give your body a great look by rounding the shoulder area.
- They increased shoulder mobility.
- Lateral side raises also engage your core, upper back, arms, and neck muscles.
- They don’t require a lot of weight. They are difficult and you can feel them working even with light weights.
- Strong shoulders help you with your daily activities when you need to pick up items or even the kids.
VIDEO: How to do Side Raises
Remember, whether you want to lose weight, tone your body, gain strength or size, all muscles must be trained. Lift, Burn more Fat, Get Stronger, and Live Healthier!
To a Fitter Healthier You,
The Fitness Wellness Mentor