Benefits of Pushups, Most people have heard of pushups…they are old-school and highly effective!
The Pushup is amazing for the body since it is a compound exercise that activates most muscles. Primordially, it challenges the chest muscles. In addition, triceps, shoulders, biceps, and core muscles are engaged, with the stabilizing help of the lower body.
BENEFITS OF PUSHUPS
- Develops beautiful chest muscles and core strength.
- As mentioned above, the pushup is a compound exercise engaging numerous muscle groups… Due to greater muscle involvement, caloric expenditure is higher helping you to burn more fat.
- At the same time, it forces the cardiovascular system to work harder, subsequently improving it.
- The pushup increases functional strength, having several muscles involved in the movement.
- Increased HGH (Human Growth Hormone) and testosterone production, translating in a higher ability to burn fat, maintain lean muscle and increase energy levels.
- Greater muscle recruitment converts into lower chances of osteoporosis.
- Higher degrees of core involvement help prevent back pain and injuries and improve posture.
- The best thing is that it is a full body workout without the need for equipment.
As you can see, pushups are excellent for the body and anyone can do them. There are numerous variations of them. Even beginners can perform pushups by doing them on the knees). You can also get creative and perform pushups in diverse ways changing the hand positioning and speed (wide grip, close grip, staggered, decline, incline, walking pushups, 1 arm, on knuckles, clapping, power).
If you can’t do many pushups or none at all, just start with a few of them a day. With some patience and persistence, the number performed will continue to increase.
Video of the Week: Standard Pushups
In the video, I am performing 22 pushups, being part of #22kill movement (22 pushups a day for 22 days).
Read a little bit more about the purpose of #22kill (Veteran Support aiming to prevent suicide). I highly encourage you to join the challenge, spread the word about the movement, and invite friends and family to do so as well!
Remember, whether you want to lose weight, tone your body, gain strength or size, all muscles must be trained.
Lift, Burn more Fat, Get Stronger and Live Healthier!
To a Fitter Healthier You,
The Fitness Wellness Mentor