As a fitness professional, coach and trainer, people always ask about my favorite exercises. One of them is lunges. Lunges are amazing for strengthening and sculpting not only the legs but the glutes while engaging the core muscles. The longer the lunge, the greater the emphasis on the butt.
As with every exercise, it is extremely important to lunge correctly. Position one leg forward with the knee bent and foot flat on the ground while the other leg is positioned behind. Remember to keep the knees behind the toes in order to avoid injuries. Lunges are extremely versatile and can be performed just using your bodyweight. In order to increase the intensity, lunge with dumbbells, kettlebells, or barbells.
Benefits of Lunges
I love lunges because they are highly beneficial for the body. Here are some of their benefits:
- As mentioned, lunges sculpt and strengthen the lower body
- Due to the fact that the engage big muscles and different body parts, they help to burn more fat
- Lunges are highly functional, positively affect daily movements
- Since you are exercising one leg at a time, each leg gets to do the work individually correcting imbalances and weaknesses
- Lunges work on stabilization, cultivate balance and actively engage core muscles.
- They help stretch the Hip flexors
As you can see, Lunges Rock!
Remember, whether you want to lose weight, tone your body, gain strength or size, all muscles must be trained.
Lift, Burn more Fat, Get Stronger and Live Healthier!
To a Fitter Healthier You,
The Fitness Wellness Mentor