Another wonderful exercise for the abdominals is Lying Leg Raises with Hip Thrusts! They help you get that flat stomach as they stimulate your upper and lower ab muscles. At the same time, lying leg raises with hip thrusts activate your thighs, hip flexors, and even your glutes.
With hip thrusts not only strengthen your core and lower body but define and sculpt all muscles involved.
How To Perform:
- Lie down on the floor with your back flat and your legs extended in front of you, place your hands under your lower back / upper glute area with your palms facing down
- Raise your legs to a 90-degree angle
- Lift your hips off the floor and then bring them down
- Bring your legs down as straight as possible to the floor
- Try not to rest the legs at the floor and repeat the movement
If you are a beginner or have back problems, do not perform hip thrusts. You can just perform lying leg raises. Take your time with this exercise – it is not about speed!
Video of the Week:
Remember, whether you want to lose weight, tone your body, gain strength or size,
all muscles must be trained.
Lift, Burn more Fat, Get Stronger and Live Healthier!
To a Fitter Healthier You,
The Fitness Wellness Mentor