Have you tried to lose body fat but failed to achieve your desired results?
Or maybe you hit your target weight but months later gained it right back?
When striving to attain a lean, fit, and healthy body, it is essential to incorporate a multifaceted approach to achieve a long-lasting outcome. Eating healthy and training hard are only parts of the solution; your thoughts, your emotions, and your spiritual life complete the equation. You must take a holistic approach: train hard, nurture your body, keep your insides clean, and keep your mind and soul centered in order to obtain your ideal body.
A holistic perspective views matters as a whole, as interconnected systems, rather than addressing individual parts. You are not just a body; you have a mind and spirit. A holistic approach incorporates the mind and spirit, rather than just dealing with the body. Habits that affect the body, like having a healthy diet and exercising, are supplemented by practices that influence the other components of your being.
A HOLISTIC APPROACH
Address your Mind:
- Self-monitoring: Be more conscious of your behaviors and thoughts, and track them.
- Cognitive Restructuring: Be mindful of your thoughts and underlying beliefs. Modify black-or-white thinking, faulty beliefs, and self-defeating thoughts for more rational, adaptive healthy thoughts.
- Problem Solving: Brainstorm and generate healthy solutions when facing issues that threaten your health or fat loss goals.
- Stress Management: Develop coping strategies to deal with stress in an adequate manner.
- Contingency Management: Reward yourself when hitting desired targets.
- Relapse prevention: This model created to deal with addictions can prevent a relapse – a detour from your fat loss plan to unhealthy behavioral patterns. Recognize high risk situations and limit your exposure to environments and people that can lead to sabotaging your fat loss efforts.
Address your Spirit:
- Journaling: Write to deal with your emotions, purge, and cleanse your soul.
- Meditation: This practice heightens your consciousness to promote relaxation and higher internal energy, expand positive traits, and develop an untouchable sense of well-being.
- Yoga: This physical, mental and spiritual discipline helps maintain better control over body and mind while expanding your consciousness.
- Aromatherapy: Use natural essential oils to create and enhance feelings of well-being.
- Positive Consumption: On the daily basis, read, listen or view positive materials to remain optimistic and centered.
- Prayer: This religious practice helps individuals to achieve a deep rapport with his or her object of worship to attain a calmer good-hearted disposition.
- Social Support: Establish a social system (family, friends, colleagues, a coach or a mentor, or a support group) to help with motivation and needed resources.
A holistic approach to fat loss and fitness incorporates practices for the mind and spirit in addition to changes in your diet and activity levels. Obviously, if you do not take care of the physical part, other tools will be in vain and you will not achieve your desired results. Use diverse tools to stabilize your weight, achieve higher performance, and allow your health to thrive long-term.
To a Fitter Healthier You,
The Fitness Wellness Mentor