It’s always advisable to add variety to your routine. Different exercises help you achieve better results and prevent that your body habituates. This principle applies to your core workouts as well. Your core include the muscles in your lower back, hips, pelvis and abdomen.
Sit ups are great for the core. They strengthen these muscles and help them work in conjunction more effectively. Stronger core muscles help alleviate and even prevent back pain and injuries.
Advantages of Sit Ups
- Versatility: you can perform them anytime and anywhere
- Modifiable: sit ups can be performed according to your fitness level. You can increase the level of difficulty by using an incline bench or using weights
- Cost effective: no need of any equipment
- Challenging: sit ups involve a greater range of motion and add more intensity than crunches
- Fat-burning: since they involve many muscle groups, you burn more calories
- Preventive health: sit ups help protect your spine and improve your posture
Whether you want to lose body fat, tone your body, increase your strength or performance,
all muscles must be trained.
Lift, Burn more Fat, Get Stronger, and Live Healthier!
To a Fitter Healthier You,
The Fitness Wellness Mentor