Do you want great looking legs and glutes?? How about increase your leg strength and improve your runs???
Reverse lunges with knee hops (RLKH) stimulate numerous muscles. They work your hamstrings, glutes, calves, and even your core.They also have numerous benefits:
- RLKH are great for runners as they increase leg power. They help you run more efficiently and make you less prone to injury.
- If you do not run, reverse lunges with knee hops can improve your performance at the gym, as they develop strength and power.
- RLKH nicely sculpt your lower body.
- This plyometric exercise helps you run faster and jump higher as it trains the muscles for an explosive movement.
- RLKH engages numerous muscles allowing you to burn more fat.
- Single-leg exercises as these ones help address asymmetry in the body and cultivate balance and coordination.
- The range of motion utilized in RLKH helps increase mobility.
- Reverse lunges with knee hops keep your heart rate up, making them a great cardio movement to be added to your routine.
- RLKH are highly versatile and can be performed anywhere, and any time without the need of any equipment.
In order to perform reverse lunges with knee hops keep your posture tall. Your shoulders should be back, your chest lifted, and your core tight without any forward or backward lean. Position yourself in a lunge position with your right leg back. Swing your right leg forward hopping onto your left foot and return back down into a lunge position. Make sure to keep your knee in line with your toes.
If you want to decrease the intensity of the exercise, perform it without the hop. If you want to make it more challenging, add ankle and hand weights
Video of the Week:
Remember, whether you want to lose weight, tone your body, gain strength or size,
all muscles must be trained.
Lift, Burn more Fat, Get Stronger and Live Healthier!
To a Fitter Healthier You,
The Fitness Wellness Mentor