Cryotherapy or Whole Body Cryotherapy (WBC) has become more popular over the past few years. Yet, it has been around for decades. It was developed in the late 70s for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis.
Cryotherapy is the exposure of the body to subzero temperatures. Most cryosaunas use liquid nitrogen, which is used to create a cold atmosphere of -100 F to -274 F. The 2-3 minute session lowers skin temperature to about 30 to 50 degrees F.
You may ask how is this therapeutic… Well, the extreme cold stimulates skin sensors, activating a central nervous system (CNS) response. Cryotherapy instigates the release of endorphins, which inhibit pain and elevate your mood. It enhances circulation and decreases inflammation, clearing out toxins and metabolic waste, oxygenating the body, and stimulating cellular regeneration. In addition, it increases energy levels and activates collagen production, improving skin tone and reducing signs of aging.
Physical & Psychological Health
- Reduces inflammation
- Helps decrease pain from joint disorders, rheumatoid diseases, and fibromyalgia
- Relieves muscle soreness and spasms
- Improves post-surgery recovery
- Stimulates the immune system, lowering the prevalence of sickness
- Helps prevent conditions like osteoporosis
- Decreases cortisone, lowering stress levels
- Boosts energy levels, decreasing fatigue
- Improves sleep and even migraines
- Increases endorphins, alleviating depression, anxiety, and other mood disorders
- Helps reduce cellulite
- Boosts your metabolism promoting fat loss
- Ameliorates skin conditions (psoriasis, blemishes and acne)
- Stimulates collagen production, reducing signs of aging and toning the skin
- Enhances energy and endorphin release
- Improves performance, joint, and muscle activation
- Accelerates recovery from training and sports
- Reduces inflammation, swelling, soreness, and pain
- Stimulates testosterone levels in men
Cryotherapy has numerous advantages for the body and overall well-being. WBC has been adopted by elite athletes, people dealing with medical conditions, gym and sport enthusiasts, and regular individuals looking to remain healthy, fit, young, and happy.
If you are in Long Island, NY, feel free to visit CryoFit for an amazing experience: http://www.gocryofit.com/
To a Fitter Healthier You,
The Fitness Wellness Mentor